FarBeyondBelieving: Living together

18 March 2013

Living together

First I'd wanted to thank you all for your great comments on my opinion post. I'm glad most of you like the blog the way it is. You all seem to like the London posts so I'd thought it was time for another one today. I also (yes for real now) have a video coming up!

Another bloggy announcement. Google Friend Connect will disappear from July on, so don't forget to follow my blog on bloglovin' to keep up to date for blogposts.

I think I'll finally have some time to take my camera and go in to the city from this week on. Everything arrived this week and our apartment is finally filled with all the furniture we wanted in there. Our diner table came in, my jewellery/make-up/girly cupboard, a side table and some more stuff. And of course not to forgot about the sofa.. Which finally comes in today, as it's terribly delayed. It might sound silly, but we're both so excited about it finally coming in. Can you imagine hanging out on your bed everyday. Especially with the side table, coffee and tv table already being in there.

I also got invited to go out for dinner and bowling with the company I did my internship at before. (my boyfriend still works there) So that's how I spend my Friday evening. And I didn't even do that bad. I wouldn't say bowling is something I'm very good at, but I managed to get 2 strikes. And dinner at 'The Diner' is always a good thing I'd say. Over the weekend I finally visited 'Forbidden Planet' again as well, which is one of my favourite stores in London. (you can get everything your nerdy heart desires, well a lot) And had lunch with a friend.

Don't mind that little piece of thread coming out of the wall. We need an electrician to come in to put up some lights. ;) 

 But how is the living together going? We were only together for a year and because of the long distance didn't see each other more then a few days a month. This what made the first two weeks a bit weird, we had to stay in my bf's parents house for a while, waiting on the apartment. It just felt like I was visiting, I did start my internship the second week. But it still felt a bit weird. And of course, not to forget about the few arguments we had about furniture. (not only that tho..) My boyfriend hates shopping and gets a bit grumpy after a while. But I think that's just a part of moving in together.

We decided to live together because.. First, it would be a lot cheaper for me, as yes, I am still a student and don't have a money tree in the garden. And otherwise we would've probably spend a lot of time at each others places as we never really lived on a close distance. But now everything is coming together and we both feel a lot less stressed. And all though working is still very tiring to me as I'm not used to it, we're doing really well. I have to cope with him watching football about three times a week. He has to keep up with me watching Pretty Little Liars, the Vampire Diaries and Once Upon A Time. Oh and of course all my 'crap', the way he calls it. But no it's not the kind of crap which is actually crappy. Right. After I finally stocked all my make-up in and girly stuff in a nice chest of drawers and more of the furniture arriving over the weeks. It all started to get even better, you can chill down when you come home and start to feel at home. Which is actually, really important. You want to feel at home when you arrive back from work.

So it's actually going really well and I definitely do not regret it. Let's hope it'll go on like this, right? Do you guys ever think of living together? Of did you already move in with your boy- or girlfriend?


11 comments:

  1. I already moved in with my boyfriend. I saw him maybe once a week and not every week, so after a year we moved in (and that's a year ago now). The first couple of weeks we really had to get used to having each other around all the time, now I wouldn't want anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Samenwonen als je nog student bent lijkt me financieel gezien nog best lastig! Mijn vriend wil zo snel mogelijk het huis uit maar hij zal waarschijnlijk nog een paar jaar moeten wachten omdat hij totaal niet kan betalen . Ik ga dan later ook wel bij hem in maar ik wil eerst nog thuis blijven wonen zodat ik wat meer kan sparen . Maar los van dat lijkt het me eigenlijk ook wel heel fijn. De eerste weken moet je vast erg wennen aan het feit dat je constant bij elkaar bent. Dat levert vast wel wat spanningen op maar ik denk dat je er inderdaad na een tijdje wel aan gewend bent :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mijn vriend werkt al 4 jaar full-time dus dat is eigenlijk de enige reden dat we het konden betalen. Ik had namelijk echt een gemeubileerd appartementje of kamer moeten zoeken als ik hier alleen was gekomen. Ik ben namelijk wel nog gewoon student en heb geen maandelijks inkomen. (op het kleine beetje stagevergoeding na dan) Natuurlijk betaal ik wel gewoon mee aan de huur!

      Delete
  3. Although I do not have a (cute and British) boyfriend, I do agree with you on feeling at home is very, if not the most, important thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wat een leuk bericht. Lijkt me lastig hoor stage lopen en voor je huisje zorgen. Ik en mijn vriend dromen al een tijdje van samenwonen, maar voor ons zit het er nog niet in. Hij is 17 en zit in het eerste jaar van het HBO en ik ben net 18 en zit nog in VWO6. Nog geen optie dus. Ben wel een beetje jaloers op jullie hoor! Ook zo leuk dat jullie in London wonen, geweldige stad ♥ Ik heb al een tijdje niks meer gecomment op je blog, maar ik bekijk/lees elke post gewoon nog hoor! Heel leuk al je updates! Have fun xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah! Mooi dat alles goed gaat tussen jullie enzo en dat je weer kan aarden in London. FORBIDDEN PLANET. JALOERS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zo gaaf! Ik ben stiekem wel een beetje jaloers, haha :P
    Mijn vriend en ik willen ook heel graag samen gaan wonen maar we hebben het geld er helaas niet voor :(
    Dus hopelijk komt dat snel allemaal goed :)

    De kleine dingetjes lijken me dan ook zo leuk :3 Dat je elkaar nog een klein beetje extra leert kennen denk ik :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really nice to hear you're beginning to really feel at home! :) That's how it's supposed to be! The photos are lovely, can't wait to see the video! :) I was sort of living together for the first half 2012, but then I moved to Mechelen so.... xD I'm definitely ready to move in with my boyfriend, but right now it's just not possible. After I graduate I will probably move in with him (if he wants that too of course :P)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ik heb het al vaak gezegd, maar ik ben benieuwd om je appartement te zien als het af is! Ik kan best geloven dat het niet zo simpel is om na 1 jaar al te gaan samenwonen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ik vind het eigenlijk niet meer dan logisch dat jullie samen zijn gaan wonen, zeker omdat jullie toch iedere dag bij elkaar zouden zijn omdat je nu bij hem in de buurt woont. En voor jullie beide is het toch goedkoper, anders zou hij in zijn eentje huur moeten betalen en jij ook, nu besparen jullie geld en kunnen jullie leuke dingen doen! Ben heel erg benieuwd naar jullie appartement, ik heb wel een beeld in mijn hoofd hoe het eruit zal zien haha! Fijn dat het zo goed bevalt, al is dat niet gek als je met je vriendje woont in de mooiste stad ter wereld! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hoe lang of hoe kort je ook samen bent, met iemand gaan samenwonen is altijd even aanpassen. Ik ben benieuwd naar de foto's :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for visiting. :)
xx Nieke